The 2nd FELs of Europe Workshop on FEL Photon Diagnostics, Instrumentation, and Beamlines Design will be held in Trieste from June 8th to the 10th, 2015 at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP).
The workshop follows a 1st one organized in 2010 at DESY (PhotonDiag 2010) and will focus on the following topics:
- Photon beam diagnostic techniques - measuring key properties of the FEL photon beam: intensity, pointing, position, spectral content, polarization, etc.
- Time-related beam properties - temporal characterization of electron/FEL/laser beams: arrival times, pulse length & shape, timing & synchronization, stability issues.
- FEL optics - challenges for ultra-short and ultra-intense pulses: fabrication and metrology - mirrors, gratings, zone plates, multilayers etc.: photon-induced damage – theory & practical avoidance.
- Photon beam transport - preserving the special properties of the FEL pulse: pulse length, spectrum, coherence, wavefront, monochromators, beam splitters, etc.
- Science instruments – meeting the special demands of experiments on FEL sources: dedicated endstations, sample injection and replacement, special experimental techniques etc.
- Detectors & data handling for FEL-based experiments – designs, challenges & perspectives: electron & photon detectors, shot-by-shot detection, collation of diagnostic data.
UPDATE !!! - Deadline for registration and submission of contributions is set to March, 31st, 2015
The fee is 150€, and includes lunches, coffee breaks, and the social dinner.