The main topics will be:
- Production and properties of Synchrotron Radiation;
- Free electron lasers;
- Basics of the interaction between matter and radiation;
- X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy (EXAFS and XANES);
- X-ray Diffraction (single crystal and powder diffraction, anomalous scattering);
- Small angle X-ray scattering;
- X-ray Microscopy;
- Photoemission (from valence and from core levels; angular, time and spin resolved);
- IR spectroscopy and microscopy;
- Resonant spectroscopy and diffraction;
- Inelastic X-ray scattering.
- Applications in the fields of materials, nanoscience, magnetism, catalysis, earth science, environmental science, cultural heritage, biology and medicine will be presented.
The detailed programme of the lectures will be sent to participants together with notification of the acceptance to the school.